Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Forum for Star Wars related stories and other Sci Fi discussion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JayPetey

Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge) Empty
PostSubject: Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)   Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Hey guys. So I don't want this to seem like a spam post, though it might, hear me out!

I was very bummed to see that BlueHarvest was shutting down, and although I was never an active member of the boards, I was definitely a frequent visitor for a time, and still used the main site pretty often. It was one of those last hold outs in the Star Wars universe of fan pages.

Anyway, there was a forum I did frequent, and that was the official StarWars.com forums, which unfortunately were shut down a few years back, leaving many refugees and old stories and relationships up in the air. Shortly after, we created Port Haven, a "Star Wars Refuge" for all of us lost souls.

I fully support what you're doing here, and I hope it picks up! I think the net is in need of corners like this for our fellow geeks and nerds to connect. But I also know how hard it is to open a new board from scratch, and keeping members active, and the conversation alive.

I'd hate for the BH community to die out completely, especially if things don't pick up. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope to be around a bit as well, but I just wanted to open up the invitation to join us at Port Haven if you're ever in need of a good nerdy conversation, or even general off topic conversations about film, tv, literature, comic, politics, and more. We're a very active forum, with hundreds of posts a day normally, so there's always bound to be someone there to connect with.

Anyway, apologies for the spam like content of this post, I honestly just mean it in the friendliest way possible, as we're a community that was left homeless just like you were. Many of us have been friends since the early 2000s on the official boards, and we're always open to having more people join us.

Here comes the link portion, though I can't post a link for seven days: we're at forums.port-haven.com

(port-haven.com goes to our online magazine, which is open for anyone to contribue to.)

Thanks for listening, best wishes, hope to see you all, whether it's here, or over at Port Haven!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

PostSubject: Re: Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)   Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:24 am

Hey Jay--thanks for suggesting another SW board. I used to be on sw.com, but barely came on. Then one day went to see info for something and couldn't find the forum, I concluded to myself that it was disbanded. Which I don't know why...do you?

Anyway I'll check this Port Haven and may even sign on there too. BH was great to go to! See you around and welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayPetey

PostSubject: Re: Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)   Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:50 am

Apparently they shut it down due to inactivity, though most of the people there would argue that it was active enough in some boards, but mostly the Cantina-- where of course, we didn't really talk about Star Wars hah.

But mainly they concluded that messageboards were old news, and social media is where it's at. So they directed us all to their facebook and twitter account, and shut everything down, alas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)   Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Port Haven (A Star Wars Refuge)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited :: Other Stuff :: Introductions-
Jump to: