Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Forum for Star Wars related stories and other Sci Fi discussion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hear the Latest?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:08 am

I just found out I can't put up a website till 7 days are up, so I'm going to be editing/pasting what was said on this website. Here's what I think: I have no idea who some actors are, please no time travel, and I don't see how that actress can be a descendant of Obi-Wan's. Maybe Mace Windu. *shrugs*

What do you all think?

Article from The Daily Beast (sorry it's long):
Read this, young Padawan. From From Lupita Nyong’o to Adam Driver, here’s your ultimate guide to the new ‘Star Wars’ movie.

Do you feel a disturbance in the force? You should, because we’re only 21 months away from the release of Star Wars: Episode VII. The film will take place about 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and will “star a trio of new young leads along with some very familiar faces.” And while there are rumors floating around, one thing is certain: Disney plans on releasing a new Star Wars movie every year starting in 2015. Because clearly nothing can go wrong with pumping out film after blockbuster film of a beloved franchise.

Here's what we (sort of) know:
THE ACTORS

1. Lupita Nyong’o met with JJ Abrams before the Oscars, and is rumored to be in the running for the female lead, possibly as a descendent of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

2. Adam Driver has been all but confirmed to be the Vader-like villain.

3. Breaking Bad and Friday Night Light’s Jesse Plemons has been rumored to be the male lead.

4. Also in the running for the male lead: Downton Abbey’s Ed Speleers, John Boyega, Matthew James Thomas, and Ray Fisher.

5. Michael Fassbender met with JJ Abrams to discuss a role, but it probably won’t be for Episode VII.

6. Hugo Weaving has also reportedly met for the role of “Imperial Commander.”

7. Michael B. Jordan says he auditioned.

8. Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumberbatch may have both been after the same role—and both may have been cast.

9. Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill are all coming back.

10. There may be a female Sith bad guy.

11. There’s a search for 7-foot actors, which could signal a Wookie.

12. Billy Dee Williams may return. Which means everyone wins.

THE SCRIPT

13. The film was originally supposed to follow the offspring of Luke, Leia and Han, but has reportedly since been rewritten to focus on the original trilogy characters. (Time travel? JJ sure does love doing that.)

14. We may finally see the Sith home planet.

15. Lawrence Kasdan is a co-writer. He did The Empire Strikes Back. This is a good thing.

16. The film might begin with the reconstruction of the Republic, now that the Empire has fallen.

17. John Williams will compose the score. (This movie wouldn’t feel right without the “Imperial March.”)

18. It was reportedly that the film will focus on twins, and “which will take a path towards darkness and which will follow in their father’s footsteps.” Which could be a reference not to Luke and Leia, but to Jacen and Jaina Solo—Han and the Leia’s kids. For those who haven’t read Star Wars fiction, Jacen eventually chooses the dark side and turns into Darth Caedus.

Excited, you will get.

Back to top Go down
Bassman

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:17 am

Sounds interesting. I do hope that JJ Abrams keeps the spirit of the original movies with his interpretation for this sequel.

Some interesting choices of actor there, Both Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumberbatch should make a good additions.
Back to top Go down
|Master|

|Master|

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Quote :
Both Gary Oldman and Benedict Cumberbatch should make a good additions.
I agree. I am very skeptical of the new films, but these are top-notch actors.
Back to top Go down
Piper363

Piper363

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm holding out that this movie holds up to the Star Wars name, but i'm not holding my breath...

We can all agree though that J.J. Abrams has a hard task ahead of him.. that is keeping true to the Star Wars Name and impresssing all of the fans.
Back to top Go down
|Master|

|Master|

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Piper363 wrote:
We can all agree though that J.J. Abrams has a hard task ahead of him.. that is keeping true to the Star Wars Name and impresssing all of the fans.
It's true, but I fear that he'll try to please the fans of the Original Trilogy and will completely ignore the prequels. Prequels often receive a lot of undeserved hate.
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:22 am

True Bassman--the key is casting them for the right character.  There are many movies with A list actors/actresses in them that have bombed.

Yes Piper, JJ Abrams does have a hard task ahead of him.  I heard he loves SW and while ST was good, I'm just really hoping he doesn't do the whole time travel business.  

Master--I hope he doesn't ignore the prequels or the books. I know some people view the books as if they never happened, but to some SW fans they did.  

Besides Hugo Weaving, Michael Fassbender, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Gary Oldman, has anyone heard of the other actors?  I can't form any opinion on them because I haven't heard of them, nor seen their works.
Back to top Go down
Piper363

Piper363

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:21 am

I'm a fan of JJ's I just hope he remembers how the whole Star Wars film base go together so well.

I know i would like to see a film style more like the OT are.. Where they actually have sets and very little to no computer help (i know it's not possible) i just think that since the movies are 30 yeas after Return of the Jedi that it should be/ would be a nice gesture to "throw it back" and use old school shooting styles.
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:27 am

The main thing I'm concerned about is the story. I've read a lot of books and it would seriously frustrate me if they don't follow the already brilliantly established story-line.
Back to top Go down
Piper363

Piper363

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 am

Yeah I think it would be great if they followed one of the books, but at the same time. Everybody knows that they might "follow" a book/comic book but they will never follow it exactly.

I have hope that this will be good movie, but i'm also aware that this might be a huge disappointment to the SW name
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:17 am

30 years after makes it just before the Legacy of the Force series. That worries me.
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 am

I hope they stay true to the story line too (book, comic, video games, etc). They say after 2015, they're going to produce a SW film every year. I don't know how that's going to happen, although it did happen with LotR. But LotR is an exception, we'll just have to see how good JJ Abrams is with SW.
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:29 am

I guess if they film them simultaneously, prioritizing the earliest ones, it could work.
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 pm

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-peter-mayhew-chewbacca-050000993.html

So either it's a flashback or the EU is considered nothing to them. To me personally, the EU is part of the SW universe.
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 am

Yeah... it worries me....
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Xorgon: you're going to love this.... (sarcasm)

Okay I'm sad. No And I'm really hoping this article is false, but I highly doubt it.  This movie better be good I say.  

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/22/star-wars-episode-vii-and-beyond-will-not-adhere-to-expanded-universe-canon/
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 am

Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:01 am

:'(

http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Not only have they excluded it, they've basically ruined it!
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 7:18 am

So basically this line right here: In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe.
^They're saying they're just not even going to attempt to follow the EU?  Question 
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:36 am

It physically pains me.... :'(
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

Hey Xorgon--I've been wondering...what was your sn on BH? I don't remember you sorry, but you're cool to talk to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 am

I wasn't on the original, I'm new as of BH Revisited Wink
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Ah, cool!!  Smile 

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/5-reasons-asajj-ventress-clearly-232300229.html
^I know many are saying Ventress was a different species, I always heard she was a Nightsister or a Rattaki, but still...she's got to be old. That'd be dumb to put her as the main villain in my opinion. You?
Back to top Go down
Xorgon

Xorgon

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:37 am

Yeah, that would be dubious at best. They'd have to make her old and that would just make for a boring villain, like a second Emperor (okay the first time, probably not good the second). This also brings to light more things that I literally hate about the way they're doing this, they take ideas from the EU, butcher them and then possibly use them in their movies?! *quietly bangs head against desk, finds it too soft and switches to the wall*
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:36 am

Don't bang your head unless you've seen the movie first.  silent  If JJ Abrams did such a great job integrating parts from ST, why can't he just do that for the EU in SW?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/30/carrie-fishers-daughter-will-play-princess-leia-in-star-wars-episode-vii/
^I guess it's cool, but I really don't see any similarities between them. Plus they have to die her hair browner.
Back to top Go down
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hear the Latest?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hear the Latest?    Hear the Latest?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hear the Latest?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited :: Star Wars :: The Future-
Jump to: