Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Forum for Star Wars related stories and other Sci Fi discussion.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)? Empty
PostSubject: What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?   What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:19 am

I liked the Dragontiders of Pern books by Anne McCaffrey and have probably read all the Pern novels that were solely written by her. I have at least one of them that were penned with her son.

There were some series of books written by EE "Doc" Smith that I liked and have as boxed paperback sets. The Skylark and Lensmen series come to mind. Must dust those off for a re-read sometime soon!

One book I have read a fair number of times over the years (!) is "The Door Into Summer" by Robert Heinlein. I rebought it a few years ago but have yet to complete reading it again... too easy to get distracted.

Another series I like was the Landover books by Terry Brooks. I must admit though to never finishing the last one I bought , some years ago.

I must spend too much time playing console games.
Back to top Go down
https://bhmk2.forumotion.co.uk
Rebel_A97

Rebel_A97

PostSubject: Re: What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?   What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 am

I guess the only sci-fi books I like are:
Star Wars (different authors, T. Zahn, M. Stackpole, A. Allston, C. Golden--a bit, T. Denning, you know the good authors)

The only series I liked of hers, Lori Handeland are here werewolf stories, but they're also romantic too. I'm not a big romance novel, but once you get past that part the hunting of the werewolves aren't bad. I believe they're titled as Nightcreature novels (which I see on her website she's written more, I'll have to check them out).

And if you want to count this as sci-fi, not sure what it would be in: Harry Potter by (who we all know) J.K. Rowling.

Other than that I'm looking for more sci-fi novels to get into because the lack of SW novels that haven't come out. I can get the Nightcreature novels, but am still looking. I haven't heard of the books you mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Arca Hejaran

Arca Hejaran

PostSubject: Re: What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?   What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm

The Dragonriders of Pern are always good for a read ;-)

From Star Wars, I like especially the Jedi Padawan series, the Young Jedi Knights series and the Republic Commando books by Karen Traviss.
Others are Starship Troopers and Starman Jones by Heinlein as well as I, Robot and Buy Jupiter! by Asimov.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?   What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is/are your Favourite General Sci Fi Book(s)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Harvest Cantina Revisited :: General Science Fiction :: Books and Graphic Novels-
Jump to: